Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Great Outdoors

First off, I do apologize for the long hiatus! I have been a little MIA. I wish I could say it was basic summer laziness, but the truth is I've been busier than ever! However, this morning I spent sipping my tea and visiting some of my favorite girls. I'm recharged and very inspired.

After months of working on other peoples' places, I've finally started to address the outdoor areas of my own home. I know, it's mid-summer, but considering we entertain outside nearly all year here, It's never too late. This week I'll be sharing lots of thoughts on outdoor spaces.

I'm really loving the ethnic inspired, loungey boho chic feel. There are some great outdoor ikats around these days...

Windsor Smith
Eddie Ross
(Okay technically it was more "event"  than "outdoor")
Veranda
This one above looks like the perfect spot for a margarita party.




Blue and white still feels so cool and fresh...
               
House Beautiful

I'm finding these two images particularly inspiring, with black and white, boxwood topiaries. Classic yet fun. If only I had room for a tented cabana.
I think I might be headed toward a patio of Black and White. Think I'll start by painting my old navy wicker black...
House and Garden

Stay tuned...

By the way, we're shooting the latest project this week. Can't wait to show you how that Nantucket style house of blues came out. As soon as I get the shots from the photographer, I'll share them with you all. 

3 comments:

  1. so excited to see pics of the project...gotta love outdoors in the summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting that you've been so busy!

    I totally get it. I'm trying to finish up my home too, but I rarely have time for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you commented on my blog, now I found yours!

    ReplyDelete

Please, tell me what you think. And share this on facebook!